Preparing for your Alternating Kettlebell Press
- Stand up and ensure your feet are firmly pushed into the ground.
- Ensure you have warmed up
Perfoming Your Bench Press
- Take the two kettlebells and hold them at your shoulders (as shown in figure 1 above)
- Press the kettlebell in your right left arm over your head, with your knuckles pointing outwards through the exercise.
- Return back to the starting position in Figure 1.
- Repeat this exercise, this time using the left arm.
Lift Bible Tips for the Alternating Kettlebell Press
This is a challenging workout, which gets harder and harder after every single rep. There’s a few things that you can do to ensure you get the maximum gains from this.
Don’t swing your back side to side, which is a bit of a ‘cheat code’ to getting those kettlebells in the air. It will be more beneficial to lower the weight, allowing you to fully isolate your shoulder muscles.
Target Muscles: Deltoid Anterior
Synergist: Deltoid Lateral, Serratus Anterior, Triceps Brachii
Required Level: Beginner / Intermediate
Perfect Day to Train: Shoulders Day (Push)