Preparing for your Barbell Alternate Bicep Curl
- This is quite a demanding exercise, with extra emphasis being placed on each Bicep during an individual curl.
Perfoming Your Alternate Biceps Curl
- Stand straight, with your torso upright & firmly positioned.
- Keep your elbows tucked in, placing extra emphasis on the biceps.
- Exhale as you curl the barbell up towards your chest.
- Hold the barbell near your chest for a second, squeezing the biceps.
- Slowly return to the starting position & repeat the exercise until you've completed the set.
Lift Bible Tips for Barbell Alternate Bicep Curl
Ensure that you aren't swinging the barbell up, as this will reduce any isolation of the biceps. It's better to perform a slower, more controlled curl.
Target Muscles: Biceps Brachii
Synergist: Brachialis, Brachioradialis
Required Level: Intermediate (Beginners should try the standard Biceps Curl)
Perfect Day to Train: It's a great exercise on arms day. If they're pumped enough, try them near the end of the workout for a finishing blast.