Preparing for your Barbell Front Raise
- You can do this using a dumbbell too, so grab the desired equipment and get ready to lift!
Perfoming Your Barbell Front Raise
- Stand with your feet at shoulder-width apart. Keep your back straight, with your feet fixed to the ground.
- Hold the barbell across your thighs in a standing position. (figure 1)
- Tense your abs and Lift the barbell upwards, with a slight bend in the elbows.
- When your arms start to straighten up, pause to feel your muscles contracting.
- Slowly return the bar to just above your thighs, then repeat until your set is complete.
Lift Bible Tips for Barbell Front Raise
Do not swing the barbell forwards, this needs to be a controlled motion which will work your muscles hard.
Target Muscles: Deltoid Anterior
Synergist: Deltoid Lateral, Pectoralis Major Clavicular Head, Serratus Anterior
Required Level: Beginner
Perfect Day to Train: Shoulders… it's a great exercise.