Preparing for your Decline Bench Press
- Ensure the Barbell is on the correct level, so you can push it off with ease.
- Ensure that your feet are secured in the holding rests, so you don't fall off the machine.
- Ask for a Spot Partner if you're lifting heavy.
Perfoming Your Bench Press
- Prepare to lift the barbell, gripping the barbell.
- Bring the Barbell down to your chest, pushing it upwards until your arms are straight.
- Repeat this exercise until you've completed your set.
Lift Bible Tips for the Bench Press
Your feet are key for this movement. Although you can't push them into the floor, you need to ensure that the resting bar is tight enough to support you.
It's also important not to let the barbell drop too low, as this could increase your damage of injury or dropping the bar.
Target Muscles: Pectoralis Major Sternal Head
Synergist: Deltoid Anterior, Pectoralis Major Clavicular Head, Triceps Brachii
Required Level: Beginner / Intermediate
Perfect Day to Train: Chest Day (Push)